Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Clean Slate

Very very busy at the moment.

When I sat down with the manager to talk about what I'd be doing I didn't realise exactly HOW much needed to (or could) be done. I knew that with a pretty new start up business I'd be working from more or less a clean slate, which was one of the things that attracted my inner control freak (I'm used to being a manager at my job, that's my excuse!), but as it turns out a malfunction with the website means it's a completely new slate.

Most of AVHI's business comes through Gumtree, because of how many people use it to search for...well, everything. So in the process of redesigning the Gumtree ads to be more professional - we have one overall one for the company and then a few bundle packages for hire and an installation one - which all direct to the website, I realised that in the changeover to a new website (which was being finalised when I started my internship), everything except the homepage was lost.

So now I've got a chance to help redesign the new website! Working with the manager we're coming up with all new content and turning the web page into a place that showcases AVHI at it's best. This means I'm going to be calling up some of the bigger old clients (just before I came on board they secured a half a million dollar installation for a traveling businessman's holiday home) to get some feedback from them, we've got pictures from old hires and installations, and we're looking at setting up a blog, which will be my responsibility.

I'm pretty excited to help redesign a new website, but it means looking through competitors to see what 'standard' is, and then figuring out how we can beat it.

So busy busy!

No comments: