Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Experience at Hockey Wa so far. #curtin #hockey #hockeywa #internationalsuperseries

So far my placement at Hockey WA has been busy, but very eye-opening. Hockey WA is an organisation which is constantly busy with Summer hockey, winter hockey, and international tournaments. This is why I beleive it has been an ideal placement for me as it as been very full on, with something to do, but has been very interesting to see how a sports organisation is run. One of my most enjoyable tasks was when I was sent out to live-tweet hockey games. Combining two loves of mine(social media and hockey) was something that I very much enjoyed doing so I defaintely jumped at the oppurtunity. It was slightly nerve-racking, as wanted to make sure the tweets were easy to follow and made sense, but I did enjoy it and had a great time watching the game, and keeping Hockey followers up to date with games. I have also been able to implement many skills I have learnt as a PR student at Curtin. Writing media releases is something I have felt was a strength of mine, so it was exciting to be able to write a media release for an actual organisation, rather than just for an assignment. I am about to approach the most exciting part of my internship, with the International Super Series hockey tournament happening over this weekend. It features top ranked hockey teams just as Argentina, Australia, Canada and Malaysia so it will be very exciting to help out and I am looking forward to the experience.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

This sounds like such an exciting internship, and right up your alley too. Glad you've got to really be involved too! I think we're all a bit worried we might just be getting coffee at the start :)

Kirsty Large said...

For sure! I was thrilled to be able to intern there. It's definitely made me want to work in the Sport/PR industry more than ever before (if that's possible ;-) )