Hi Everyone,
I’m Emily from Curtin Bentley
Campus. In June I was able to get the opportunity to do my internship it PPR.
For those that haven’t heard about this PR firm, PPR (Professional Public
Relations) is one of the largest consultancy's in WA and has multiple houses
all over Australia and America. PPR handles the PR accounts of hundreds of high
profiled clients including McDonalds Australia, Bunning’s, Rio Tine, Cedar
Woods and the Cancer Council.
For my blog entries I’ve
decided to do discuss the different projects that I had the privilege to have
worked during my working experience. For this blog entry I will be discussing
the project I started on my first day at the PPR house in Subi (later move to
West Perth) for the client for Cedar Woods.
The Situation
The Point Peron / Mangles
Bay project has been in the spotlight for years and there has always been huge
community outcry on their opinions for this development. In general there has
been huge negative backlash but Cedar Woods would like to establish a development
to revamp the Rockingham area similar to what had been done in Hillaries.
Cedar Woods had an upcoming
case with the council on this matter and needed to get some support material
for their case.
My Job
My job was to develop
material that could be useful for the case to combat the opposition group’s
points.
Firstly I needed to go
through all the media clippings that had been collected on this matter over the
last couple of years to get a good understanding of the project and the project
problems that had arisen thus far. From this I needed to read all the letters
to the editor from a variety of media outlets such as community newspapers and
magazines, and make a list of the pros and cons including their opinions and location.
In protest to this development,
a group put together a signature list consisting of over 8000 people's support
to suppress this development. I then had to go through these signatures, find
out where they were coming
from (suburbs) and state whether they were
for/against and it was a real signature or a fake one.
From all of this information,
I was asked to make graphs and visual aids to demonstrate this research so that
Cedar Woods could use in their case.
I had started this project
on my first day PPR and I finished it off on the last week I was there. It just
goes to show how many hours have been put in for proper research and
development of material. From the past three years studying I have been taught
different techniques for research and development, but I didn’t actually realize
how important this stage is for the project brief as a whole as it ultimately
lays down the foundation.
My next couple of blogs will
focus on the MoMa art series at the Art Gallery, Stakeholder Engagement and
other smaller projects I have been able to work on.
Until next time,
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment