Thursday, November 7, 2013

My time has ended... exciting experience ahead!


Unfortunately my time at 32 DSG has ended!

I learnt more than I ever thought I would from the whole experience. It was amazing to see how a PR consultancy works from the inside and see how much work and editing goes into a media release or how much time is actually put into a small four hour event. It has truly put the whole industry into perspective for me and I cannot wait for what is in store.

My supervisor was nice enough to pass my details on to a friend at Lux Events, a premier Perth Event company and I start with them next week! And here I was thinking I would have a break from working two jobs. I am very excited to have another opportunity lined up and I will take many experiences and skills that I have learned in PR over my time at 32 DSG with me.

I am left with some thoughts on the PR industry, particularly the consultancy sector.

Public Relations is crucial to any organisation, it makes me wonder why some large organisations seem to ignore this fact.

Working for a small firm I realised how important internal communication is - I can only imagine of how important it is in a large firm/organisation. It will certainly be an experience I take with me onto my new ventures - proposing new and efficient ways to communicate and store all the information necessary to run a successful organisation.

I now cannot wait to get my hands dirty in Events Management and let my PR side take the back burner for a while. I am sure I will be back as I cannot say that I have disliked any part of my internship.

All the best to everyone in their future endeavours!

Thanks for reading!

Simon

No comments: