Welcome to my fourth blog of my Internship which is based on the project I have been working on that is slowly getting off the ground. This project is called The Horologist and it is a retail concept for luxury products that is about to launch in Perth. Horology means "the science of measuring time" hence the reason for the name of the shop. The store will hold majority luxury timepieces as well as accessories such as luggage, jewellery box, watch winders and gift items.
The store is a new addition to the Barbagallo Group and is due to launch in July in the CBD of Perth on St Georges Tce. I have been working on networking with our potential clients and spreading the word via social media on the opening of the store. The intention is to be the number one destination in Perth for luxury watch purchases. I
I currently run the Instagram which is connected to the Facebook for the Horologist. The Instagram name is "thehorologist1972" - I frequented upload the stock we will have in store using images I obtain from watch blogs from all around the world. I never upload an image if I do not know the exact name and description of the watch because consumer's need to know why the high price is attached with the timepiece.
I have created a media release this week which will be edited by the in-house editor for Box Magazine before it can be submitted to the media. It will not be released until one month before the opening of the store - Below is my version which has been unedited.
I have also started a database which will become the mailing list for newsletters and updates for the store. I have sourced the database contacts from media lists obtained from the events that are run from Pink Tank Events. The clientele that attend events such as Miss Universe and RQCC are the correct target market for the shop. Finding the right market for the store has also been a challenge because you cannot assume that only customers who attend lavish events are going to be buyers of a watch. This is why I created the Facebook page for the Horologist because It is best to spread the word and start communicating in advance to build the audience up before the store opens. I learnt this technique at university through sales management and also tips learnt from Catherine Archer in class.
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections

1 comment:
Hey Lia!
Your internship sounds like it is going well! I'm glad you are also utilising social media during your internship as I am - I found that it is an area that I utilise a lot personally however it can be extremely different when used for business purposes. We are also lucky as this is an area of PR that is rapidly growing and to gain some real life expeiene in it already is a great opportunity for us!
J
Post a Comment