Saturday, July 12, 2014

Brand, for product or human?

Hi!

This is my second post and I would like to talk about one of the topics we learnt, 'brand'. Why all of the sudden I want to discuss this topic? It is because on last Friday, there was a training session in the company which was about 'brand'.

Brand basically is the design or symbol that differentiate one item from another. A product brand can be a logo and it delivers message to the people. Now, let's see some examples of hidden meanings in some logos.


First, FedEx logo. Can you notice something? Well, there is something in the white space between the letter E and X. Yes, it is an arrow! The arrow indicates FedEx's fast and proficiency services provided to its customers.

Second, a very familiar electronic commerce company, Amazon. What's so special about this logo and what is the message the logo is trying to communicate? The yellow line actually indicates a smile. Besides that, it begins from a to z which means that Amazon's products cover everything from a to z.




Lastly, The Bronx Zoo logo. For those who do not know about the zoo, The Bronx Zoo is a zoo located in the middle of New York City. If you can get the hidden meaning of the logo, you can actually know the zoo is located in the middle of the city. Why? Can you see the buildings in the white space?

It is so fun when my college shared those logos with us. Everyone in the training was so eager to tell the hidden meanings. There are a lot more but in this blog I only share three of these logos.

From this training session, I learnt that a brand is not only for products, it's for human too! It's about branding YOURSELF!!
Why is it so important? Because a brand can tell the others about yourself which influence how they look at us. So, we must always brand ourselves through several ways. It can be build through attitude and attire.

In a nutshell, branding is not solely for products, it's for human too! So, always brand yourself to tell the others who you are!

Till next time,
Ching Mei



5 comments:

YeeShen Yap said...

Thank you for sharing what you've learnt from the training to us. I found it quite informative.

And seriously, I never knew there's an arrow in between E and X on Fedex's logo!

Unknown said...

Interesting finding. Never thought that there is a hidden message in each every logo.

Thank you so much for sharing by the way.

I believe with that kind of logo with all the hidden messages and everything, it does give a huge effect towards the society.

Unknown said...

Interesting! I learnt a lot through this post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for highlighting the creativity in the brand logo, it's eye opening!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for sharing the hidden meanings in these brands. I had never thought about the arrow pointing from a-z in the amazon logo. I will now be on the lookout for hidden meanings in other logos!