Before I forget, I'm here to blog about the things I've learnt from the CSR event carried out by Grand Palace Hotel.
I was assigned by my supervisor to write a media release regarding their annual community project which is to carry out an event for the purpose of fulfilling Grand Palace Hotel’s corporate social responsibility. As it was the Ramadhan month, they decided to show their love and care towards the orphans through the event by breaking fast with the orphans at Kompleks Kebajikan Hamidah Miri. The buffet dinner was sponsored by Grand Palace Hotel. I'm glad that my supervisor gave me the opportunity to join the event as well.
LEARN FROM MISTAKES:
The tasks that I was assigned to do during the event was to be their photographer and assist my colleague to interact with journalists and orphans. It was my first time dealing with journalists, so I was kind of nervous. After I gave out the media release that I've written, I was supposed to communicate more with the journalists, but I didn't. The journalists then left after a while without any of us noticing. The lesson I've learnt from this is that it is really important when it comes to handling journalists. As a PR person we must know the DOs and DONTs on how to handle journalists. As for my case, I've learnt that communication skills are really important for a PR person. I must then learn from this mistake and deal with it appropriately. What is important is to improve oneself to become a better and more professional PR person.
Anyways, the event went well. Before I end my post, let me show you some pictures
We were there to serve the orphans.
Green "Angpao" was given to the orphans.
Vivien Yong Pei En
15597089/7e1a8450



1 comment:
Good experience you have there. I had the opportunity to deal with journalists too and I have to admit that it wasn't an easy job. Anywhere, I believe we can do it better next time after the first experience. All the best to your upcoming work tasks too.
Post a Comment