Thursday, July 31, 2014

Reminiscing already

As I transition back into my normal routine I can't help but reminisce about the past 20 days spent at my internship. I worked 9-5, Monday to Friday for 20 days straight, it was hard to get used to but i miss it already.

At my internship everyone was grateful and I felt appreciated. On my last day the office surprised me with a morning tea and was made to give a speech about what I thought of the whole experience. It was sad to say goodbye.

I've returned back to my run-of-the-mill student job and can't help but think of how different the two workplaces are. At my internship I was trusted with important tasks and was constantly stimulated and in demand being given one job after the other. In comparison to the dull and repetitive job I've returned to I feel unimportant and under appreciated.

I can now see after being in my final semester of university the knowledge and skills I have gained that can now better me in my career. I don't want a boring dead end job now I've had a taste of what I've been working towards. I can see this is going to be a hard six months pushing through to graduation where I can again go out into the "real" world and use everything I've learnt to keep me on my feet.

Six long months until I feel like I'm making a difference again.

No comments: