Friday, August 29, 2014

Say goodbye to one month internship

After spending one month time in Fleishman Hillard, now is the time to say goodbye. I'm so happy to leave Kuala Lumpur and back to my hometown, Miri. Yet, I'm feeling sad to leave my lovely colleagues.

Throughout this one month internship, I learnt a lot and now I'm pretty sure where I want to go after I graduate. Yes, I want to work in a PR firm! It is because I can learn many different things everyday and this is what I want in the future: LEARN NEW THINGS.

So, what have I learnt? Well, I learnt to do competitiveness analysis properly which is needed by my supervisor to come up with new ideas for the clients. Researches need to be concise and precise on what the competitors do online and on ground. When the activities are carried out, what are the activities, how to participate and etc.

Besides that, I learnt to update blogger lists. There are different bloggers in different field of interest. It can be in beauty, fashion, lifestyle, technology and so on. I did research to find out whether the bloggers in the list are still active and whether there are new bloggers who are not in the list. With the updated list, company can contact the bloggers easily.

Lastly, I learnt to answer the calls. It was nervous when I first time answer the call. After several times, I'm get used to it and I can answer the call even better. For me, I don't think it is an easy task as we need to be polite to everyone who is calling to the office. If we don't, Fleishman Hillard will be regarded as a rude company. Also, we need to note down their names and where are they from before direct the calls to the person they are looking for. So, always prepare a pen and a piece of paper in front of you!

It is a fruitful experience for me before I graduate in a few more months. I have found my direction in the future, have you?

All the best to all of you!



Thien Ching Mei
15634245


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ching Mei,

Gladly to hear that you enjoyed internship. I just finished my placement as well. I can relate to you when it comes to answering the phone on the first day. Nervous as hell. But after few weeks, I managed too answer them. The moment I start answer the phone, I could't wait to have another call.

Best of luck in your report!

GinaSoumelidis said...

Hello Ching Mei,

first of all congratulations on the completion of your internship and the near completion of your degree.
To some people they might not understand how nerve-racking answering phones can be! At my current part-time job i need to answer a lot of calls and every time i answer a call i feel i need to do 100 things, a lot to remember and sometimes i do forget to do a few things. However, the more you do it the better you get, just like you did… so well done!

Take Care and all the best.

Georgina Soumelidis
15612898

Rebecca Uglow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Uglow said...

Hi Ching Mei

Firstly congratulation on your internship at Fleishman Hillard in Kuala Lumpur. I cam imagine how amazing it was to carry out your internship in another city, I would have loved that!

I completely agree a PR Firm is always "all systems go" and an amazing learning environment. However I think based from my internship I would love to end up at a strategic communications firm.

Yes, I to worked on a similar contact list, however I focused on the media. Its fascinating that such a list can hold great importance such as being an easy contact system.

Good luck in the future and hope you end up at a PR Firm!

Rebecca Uglow
16177767
Curtin Bentley