Hi all, hope you had a great free week!
First of all, I would like to share my work experience in
preparing my company's presentation slides. Being a property management agency,
we are responsible to manage our customers' property properly, so lots of rules
and policies are set and will be presented to tenants who rent the property. Usually,
documents like rules and regulations as well as rent arrears policy will be
filed in a booklet and our company manager will have to read through all the
documents in front of the tenants to make sure our tenants have a clear
understanding of their responsibilities, however, this has made tenants feel
dull and boring. Hence, I have suggested my MD, Tris to present the documents
in an interesting way by using presentation software to come out with animated presentation slides. Tris has agreed the idea
and gave me a deadline of this task in 5 working-days.
There are few presentation software nowadays, for example:
Emaze http://www.emaze.com/
Established in 2009, an online presentation platform that
offers a wide range of templates which include video backgrounds as well as 3D
animations.
Prezi http://prezi.com/
Established in 2009, a popular presentation software and
also a storytelling tool that allows presenter to zoom in and zoom out the
slides while presenting their ideas. This presentation software is widely used by
school in e-learning.
Powtoon www.powtoon.com
Established in 2012, an online software that allows people
to create animated videos and presentations. Moreover, it can be downloaded as
an MP4 file or exported to YouTube.
For me, I prefer to use Prezi because its zooming feature makes
it more catchy and amazing during presentation, which will easily catch attention
from the audiences. Besides, no one would like to read long paragraph from the
slide, so it is better to have short and less wording within slides, additional
picture will be a bonus too. However, there is one thing we have to be aware of
when looking for picture from Google, the
picture may be subjected to copyright. My Managing Director claimed that
copyright issue is a serious concern that every company needs to avoid. After I
have done the presentation slides within the deadline, I was told to check the
spelling and grammar properly as there was some typing error within my slides. I
felt bad because I didn't check it well and did this minor mistake that
everyone shouldn't have. Besides the importance of completing task within
deadline, Tris has taught me that rechecking and reediting are really important
when doing a task as this will make the work looks nicer and perfect. I am
really appreciated from being taught and has learnt a lot from my MD, Tris. Overall, Tris felt satisfy on my work and
effort.
On the other hand, I was assigned to collect relevant
information about major media outlets in Perth that are suitable for Homes Property
Management to do advertising.
This is one of the examples:
I felt confident to complete this analysis as I have done
'Target Media' in one of my assignments -Media Strategy, in Media Relations 250. I felt happy that I could
apply my knowledge in the real-life company.
More to come next week.
Yee Ting Ch'ng
16341054




7 comments:
Hi Yee Ting, good to see that you are doing well.
Personally, I prefer prezi as it allows the linkage of imagery to motion and a wide range of visualizations. Besides, it also consists of several advantages, which are:
1.Web-based
It is free and you can gain access to your presentation slides from any computer.
2.Appropriate for all ages
The software is designed to be easily used by any age group, which they will be successful in creating and presenting their creations. The easiest way is to choose from the template.
By using such presentation tools, we are able to attract our stakeholder attention and transmit our message clearly and accurately.
Good job on your research on online presentation software tools!
Wow, this is a really good list of presentation softwares. I've only known of Prezi!
I'm not a big fan of Prezi. Even though it's very creative and different from Microsoft ppt I find it hard to navigate and find it a little more suitable for informal presentations and not so for formal presentations. Can get a little kiddy haha.
In any case, this is a really good one! I'll try out the other two softwares.
Thanks!
Wow these are awesome tools! Thanks for sharing (=
Presentation softwares are really fun to use but something I found so far is that if you sell yourself well during the presentation itself, that goes a much longer way than having colorful and fancy slides!
That being said, of course the content has substantial. Once that is done, and your audience has fallen in love with you, they want you to succeed and bam. done deal. flashy or not flashy, personality shines through.
ahaha this is my opinion though. With that in mind, I guess knowing your audience and knowing what kind of diction and personality would resonate with them would definitely help! After all that's what communication is about right? Saying the right things to the right people at the right time! (=
First off, thank you for listing other options besides Prezi for presentation slides! I've been looking for others but haven't got the time to check other options, and this post has been a great help!!
Prezi still amazes me because it is extremely user-friendly YET makes presentations look high-end and professionally done. Now everyone can look like a professional graphic designer with a great in-depth knowledge in Flash ;)
Denissa Goh xx
Hi Yee Ting,
It's interesting to see other presentation programs because I had only ever used Prezi or Powerpoint.
At the start of 2nd year, I was told to use Prezi for presentations for a result of better marks, i haven't used any other programs since.
I like how its easy to use and I could be really creative with my presentation by drawing boxes and arrows; or zooming in and flipping sides. Its an awesome program. It makes my presentation more captivative and interesting. On top of that Prezi doesn't really look good with lots of words. Therefore, it prompts me not to make it too wordy so that I would not read off the slides like I sometimes do with powerpoint. I could now talk freely to my listeners.
I'm always being a big fan to prezi as I found its visual appearance can really grab audience's attentions.
However, been using it for almost all of my presentations throughout my uni life, I started to find it. So I decided to give emaze.com so try. It turns out it is easier to use compared to prezi..however, there's one weakpoint, you need to pay in order to download the offline file, so i guess everything comes with a price huh?
Haha thank you for sharing.
Enjoy your day ^^
Post a Comment