My internship Tips
I am almost at the end of my internship at Whipper Snapper Distillery. I have learnt so much from my supervisor and other team members. Here I would like to share my experience and tips with you.
1.
1. Pay attention to details
It is so important to pay attention to details no matter how insignificant the tasks are. I was doing my PR report, the job was to collect all the articles from social media and put into a PowerPoint in order to show clients. Due to time pressure, it was not presented in the best manner. I was asked to do it again which I have been, but caused a loss of trust between my supervisor and myself in regards to bigger tasks
2.Always speak out with your opinion
I would sit in the meeting quietly because I thought I was not good enough to voice my opinion. However, in the end, I encouraged myself to speak out with my opinion regarding opening up to the Chinese market. And now, I am in charge of that. If you do not try at work, you will never know what you can achieve.
3. Time punctuality is essential
You may not place much importance on getting to work on time. However, it is quiteimportant; it demonstrates your work ethics and shows courteous and respect. I was running a bit late due to heavy traffic one day in the morning and we have a very important meeting at that day which caused two clients to wait 10 minutes for me. It made me look very unprofessional. Since then, I would always make sure I came to work a little bit earlier to allow for probable traffic jams.
4.Good work attitude is the key to success
Even with a small job, we have to have a right attitude towards it. My supervisor asked me to buy The West Australian Newspaper to write down all journalists’ details whose are in charge of food, music, film, TV, books and Out & About section fromMonday to Sunday. I bought the Monday Newspaper and Tuesday, I found the journalists in charge of these areas are the same. Therefore, I did not buy the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday newspaper, I just simply assumed they would all be
My internship at Whipper Snapper has taught me so much about PR in real world. I have thoroughly enjoyed my internship with them and treasure the experience it has given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment