Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It's a wrap....!

Ahhhhhhhh... and it's a wrap! Last Thursday saw the final day of my internship with SW Event Management - and what a week it was!

I finally saw the event that I had been working on for three months come to light! It was an amazing evening and through my eyes - it was run very smoothly and without any major hitches! Perth's who's-who of the business world were all invited!

I was on-site at Government House from Tuesday 18th - Thursday 20th and in between working my casual job which very conveniently was across the road from the event site! The week saw me do 70+ hours between my internship and casual job. However I am not one to complain as the SW Event team were on-site hours before me and hours after I left.

The event gave me a real taste of the event management industry - I can defiantly see myself  working in a role like that in a few years time.

Guests started arriving from 6.00pm at the Government House Ballroom for pre-dinner drinks, I was positioned on the Welcome Desk and was required to assist in any way I could with guests questions. During the event I was 'poached' by Melbourne events company Jack Morton to assist with the BOAB distribution. Don't get me started on the BOAB's! It was a tedious task, however I really enjoyed the responsibility and was even in charge of briefing the ushers who were to distribute the gifts. 

I really enjoyed my internship and was sad that it was over. Until I received an email from my supervisor asking if I could assist further with events in 2015! I'm looking forward to it!

Media Coverage from the Wesfarmers Gala Dinner (Shani Wood Events Facebook)

I hope you all enjoyed your internships and learned a lot! Good luck with your futures in public relations!
Montana Hall
15491880

2 comments:

BiancaBev said...

Hi Montana,

I agree with you, it's so rewarding seeing all of your hard work and contribution come to fruition! I think that was one of the best parts of my own internship.

It really reinforces the value of hard work. Like you, I worked a casual job and had other uni work that needed my attention also. What it really taught me was the importance of learning to balance all commitments, and of course this is a challenge we will face for the rest of our lives.

All the very best for your future.

Bianca.

Unknown said...

Our office is planning for a small corporate event and I am the part of its event management team. So I am assigned with the task of searching the venue but I am really not sure where to start. Can you help me please?