Monday, May 25, 2015

All good things must come to an...end



My feeling? A mixture! Both happy, when I stepped back and see the beautiful path I made with PILS and nostalgic, when I think of all the good times I shared with these people who entered my life when I started the internship. 

A great experience!
Through these working days at PILS, I learnt important things about PR, some of them are: the importance of respecting ethics specially in this organization, the need to know how to tackle things even if they have not been planned before, not be afraid to talk with people during prevention session, be confident and believe in myself even if it was the first time I organized a photo session with people I don’t really know. It has been a great experience working with this NGO, and having a supervisor who trust in my capacities, really helped me to be more confident about myself.

What it brought to my personal life.
What I have experienced during these past months, cannot be called “internship” because it was really more than that! It was a human experience, because apart the PR knowledge, spending time in this organization has helped me to clear out all the misconceptions that the society showed me about HIV & AIDS. It changed my way of viewing people living with HIV, and developed a deep love for those rejected people of the society. Being at this NGO, made me remember my love for social work and also made me realize the great difference it will do if everybody come together and fight against this virus. Personally, I don’t want to work for money, what I want, is to do something which brings happiness to my life (even if it means having a minimum salary). What counts the most for me, is doing things with great love and never by force, and being at PILS, brought so much happiness in my life.

New beginning
Today, I am more confident about what I want to do in life. This experience will always remain in my heart and also, all those wonderful people I met there. I did not expect how much these people could brought to my little life and I can say that they all contributed to make this experience a beautiful one! It might be the end, but deep inside, I know that it is a new beginning towards something great!

I hope that your internship has been a good experience too and thank you for taking time reading my post.


Gaelle.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Estelle,
I am telling you the truth. This blog of yours is the only blog post that has touched my heart. I am delighted to know that you have learnt so much on PR and in a short time you have proven you capabilities. You are right in your statement.People living with HIV tend to hide because its not their fault as the society forces them to do so or else that person will have to face rejection and see the eyes of people full of questions as well s disgust. I strongly believe that something should be done to change the perception of people. I am sure that you have heard the case of an African student who arrived in Mauritius and at the Airport it was found that the student had HIV. Even today the student faces the threat of being deported.
Thank You
Hans

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello Hans,
Ohh thank you. Basically, it is the way the society views those people living with HIV which is very hard and discriminating. Actually, the whole team of PILS is working towards reducing discrimination and stigmatization revolving around HIV and Aids in the society but as you know, these types of touchy issues will take time to show results. Yes, I heard about the case of the African student, I can understand their fear about the issue but to be true, I am really sad that the authorities react like that, but it a complex issue to be able to understand fully how these legal things work. Despite the struggle that the African student faced, the result of the case is that she will not be deported in the mean time. Here is a link, which explains fully the history til the case at the Supreme Court http://ionnews.mu/unwelcome-mauritius-2506/
Thank you for feeling concerned about the impact of HIV and AIDS in the society.
Estelle.

Unknown said...

Hi Gaelle
Your internship has been THE experience…….. not every work offers the human touch in terms of doing PR and at the same time listening and working with people who live with HIV……

It has helped you to view thing in a different perspective and also to respect and see the importance of ethics in these situation.

Am sure it has been every challenging for you and you have learn a lot about ethics, self –confidence which is very good because this will help you a lot in the future….

Unknown said...

Hello Estelle, I really appreciate what you share on your blog, really it has touched my heart. You should consider yourself lucky as you have deal with these people directly and in a way you were emotionally connected to them. For me my internship was just deal with corporate people and media people. PILS doing a great jobs by reducing discrimination in the society.

Anonymous said...

Hi Estelle,

Your post is so beautiful,

As I could have read ,you had an amazing experienced at PILS.This company is very reputed for the actions that they did for the society.This company has a strong ethics.PILS is one of the populest ngo's in Mauritius.After 20 days of internship in a great company ,you just get out of here with the heart full of joy.After my intership I was like you,more confident and I felt stronger.PILS is a smart company and as you mentioned '' money is not important'' when you live human experience like that....I totally agree with you.


Regards

Melody

Unknown said...

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for reading my post. Yes, it has been THE experience since the human touch brought another dimension to it.

You are right about ethics, I must admit that, it was difficult at first by afterwards things were fine and through this experience, I realized the importance to study ethics for PR people.

Thank you, I wish you good luck for the report.

Estelle

Unknown said...

Hello Arzina,

Thank you for appreciating what I wrote about my experience. Yes, when I realized what I was experiencing at PILS, I realized how blessed I am to be there.

You are right, PILS is doing a great job in the society and personally, before working there, I was only an NGO like that, but when I started working with this dynamic team, I realized how it is an everyday battle to fight not only against the virus but also against discrimination and stigmatization.

Even if you have been mostly dealing with corporate and media people, I hope that it has been an enriching experience too.

Thank you for giving a little time to my post, I wish you good luck for the report.

Estelle

Unknown said...

Hi Melody,

Ohh thank you very much for loving my post. Yes, an amazing experience and I came out of there, full of joy, love for those rejected people of the society, more confident and also an idea of where I would like to work in the future. Yes money does not matter that much when there is love and happiness.

I am happy to see that you had a beautiful experience too, I wish you good luck for the report.

Thank you according some time to my blog.

Estelle