Sunday, May 24, 2015

Making headlines!


Hi all, 

There’s a certain feeling you get when you see your own work broadcasted to a huge audience.

My supervisor asked me to attend an internal forum targeting Alcoa employee Mother’s and their babies, relating to a HR initiative that has been created to increase the support maternity leave employees receive.

I wrote a feature article about the event after it finished, and sent it through to the publisher of the weekly newsletter. When I arrived the following week, it made headline story of the week!

I was quite excited by this, as the student in the team it was nice to see my work recognised.
Since finishing my internship, my supervisor contacted me to tell me the same story had been also published globally to the Alcoa Global newsletter.


This put in to perspective for me the element of excitement that PR Practitioners would experience, when there work becomes a success. While mine was only on a small scale, it has helped me to learn and understand why other people working on a project would become so motivated and driven by their successes. 

Talk to you next time!
Lauren 

No comments: