Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Getting the Office habits!

Let's begin with day 1!

On my first day at the head office of LUX* Resorts and Hotels I was quite apprehensive. Big and international chain of hotels were reason enough for me to be anxious. I did not know what to expect and was quite stressed it! What to wear? what to say? and what to do? were questions that came to my mind on that first day!

I arrived a bit early just to be sure to be on time for the meeting with my supervisor. What was expected to be a first meeting, came out as being my first full day at the office. To begin at full pace on the first day was very helpful in making me get used to the work schedule; and to the HUGE building as well!




During my first meeting, we established a time table according to my schedule and I was assigned with my first task in addition to documenting myself on the various charming hotels owned by the chain. My following task consisted in helping with the organisation of a private party which will take place on Ile Aux Deux Cocos Island, which was an exciting event to look up to already.
I was also very pleased, after having met the members of the team, to realise that I would be working with a very professional and welcoming team.

To complete my day 1 assigned task I was surprised to notice that I had to stay at the office later than expected. It was actually a huge relief to realise that my work would not consist of a workload of boring tasks as it often occurs during internships.

Therefore, my first day at LUX* made me look up to the rest of my internship with excitement and curiosity.

More to come shortly.
In the meanwhile here's some mouth watering info: http://www.luxresorts.com.
Keep posted for more details!


No comments: