I was very pleased when I was offered the traineeship position with ENL. This was very different from the kind of work I had been doing but I was happy to engage in a new challenge. My background is in tourism,hospitality and event management with PR, therefore, this was completely different. Thus I was happy to be out of my comfort zone and learn new skills whilst getting to know how the marketing department really works and functions that will definitely help me further in my career.
I was given the responsibility to do an intelligence marketing analysis which took me a couple of weeks to complete it as i had to do lots of research work, calling people and so on. and also i had to make sure that the data i am getting are accurate. so it was quite challenging. therefore i have learnt and realised the marketing and PR are co related that today, with new methods of measurement, a blurring of responsibilities across social, an organization’s success is built on solid results from its communication efforts. And neither marketing nor PR can do that alone.
nowadays, it has become vital that marketing and PR not only account for gaps in communication inside the company but it’s also recommended that these two departments present a united front to customers. Because their end goals are so related that both departments need to be on the same page in order to optimize the business’s relationship to current clients as well as initiatives intended for the overall client base.
My internship ar ENL has unable me to understand that the Marketing and PR department each have a separate, valuable use and function as well as working in tandem. In some cases, they must function separately and in other cases, the outcome in a particular situation will be much more successful if those two areas work together.
1 comment:
Hello Roo, am glad you share your experience about ENL as it is a different company compared where i conducted mine. I hope by now you find the difference between marketing and PR. Hope you have enjoyed your internship because its not about Tourism and i know how much your fond about tourism. Its good you have a broader picture now in which type of company you want to work.
Post a Comment