Thursday, May 28, 2015

Last Day: It's been amazing!

Hi everyone!

Today is officially my last day of internship and it will be sad to leave my desk for one last time. I had an amazing 20 days with the Corporate Communications Department of Curtin Sarawak.

The experience has been nothing short of exhilarating and while I'm excited to pursue a fresh career in over a month, I will always cherish the lessons I picked up over here.

I came into this internship, eager to learn and observe the process of running a department related to PR and my cravings were evidently satisfied. I learned a myriad of things, but more importantly, my attention span for details has improved significantly. Here are the list of things I've picked up.

1. Always be flexible in carrying out tasks outside your job scope
2. Pay attention and scrutinize every small detail
3. Never be afraid to ask for assistance
4. Light music never fails to create a tranquil ambient, which helps the working process.
5. Preserve relationships as much as you can. You never know how it will benefit you.
6. Help your colleagues out. A helpful team is far more productive and easier to work with.
7. Always be professional in dealing with people.
8. Divide and conquer. Don't try to carry out a project all by yourself.

Observation has been my biggest asset of this internship. It may have been for 20 days, but the amount of things I've observed in here will do a great deal in helping me assimilate into the corporate world.

Thanks for the experience, Miss Marcella and Co. I hope you guys continue to grow as a team.

To the rest, thanks for reading folks! I hope you enjoyed your internship too!

Keesh

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there Mate,

Congratulations on finishing your internship. I love the way you breakdown the important points that you have learned or picked from your experience of being an intern. Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Have a Nice Day.

Loke Ming Ngiam said...

Hi Keesh,

I agree with one of your quotes, "always be professional in dealing with people". I think as a professional PR practitioner we have to know how to handle dealing with people who come from different demographics. I also agree light music could improve our working effectiveness. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers,
Loke Ming Ngiam