Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Life Behind the Scenes

Life Behind the Scenes

I have now been doing my internship at Momentum Forum Events for well over 20 days (as I have decided to see out the semester here) and I am still being presented with a variety of tasks!

Recently, I was given the task of preparing interview questions. Barbara McNaught has her own talk show, and to avoid trying to describe it I will urge you to follow the link provided and see for yourselves. She is quite the character! Barbara interviews people that have an inspiring story to tell, past guests have included popular designer, Ruth Tarvydas and burn victim, Dana Vulin.


The latest 'HelloDarlink!' episode will feature Nez Erok, an upcoming singer/songwriter who is winning awards around the world, she is most known for her song Beautiful that she wrote about her personal experience with domestic violence.

I was presented with the task to produce twelve interview questions for Barbara that focused both on her personal struggles with domestic violence and her booming career. I conducted a lot of research on Nez Erok and previous interviews that she had done, I wanted to know what she was comfortable answering and what, if anything, would not be appreciated.


This task took me back to Media Relations that I completed last year, one of our assignments was of a similar nature and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can really see myself working in this area, I am definitely a lot more comfortable behind the scenes! After presenting my work to Barbara she was impressed with my questions and I was really excited to hear that her interview with Nez went really well!

As I am nearing the end of my time at Momentum, I am reflecting back on what I have been able to do. This task will definitely be a highlight, although it only took me half a day, I will remember it as something I really enjoyed. Maybe next time I will be able to attend the interview as well!


Aimee Mumford - 16434679

2 comments:

Unknown said...


Hi Aimee,

It sounds like your internship has been a great success and you have learnt so much in a very interesting and demanding industry!

Preparing questions for Barbara to ask Nez on her talk show would have been such a daunting yet rewarding task-gaining first hand experience in media relations is such a positive thing and will no doubt give you confidence in finding experience in the PR field post uni.

Having now completed my internship, I can completely agree with your point about the importance of research. Thorough research is paramount for almost every task a PR professional is required to do and there really is no better feeling when that hard work pays off, so it is fantastic to hear the interview went well!

All the best,

Maddie

Unknown said...

HI Aimee

Your internship is very interesting. One thing that i keep in mind from your post is that you've enjoyed doing the task....

I think it's every important to really enjoy, learn and take the very most of all the task that is given to us because when you take the work with a positive thinking, you get a better outcome.

Also conducting RESEARCH in essential because you get vital information and give a good work...

Nice post

Melissa