Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Children at Sedeco



Hello Everyone,
Sedeco is a company which cares a lot for its employees. Sedeco organizes several activities throughout the year so that employees can enjoy themselves. But only do the employees of Sedeco enjoy themselves but also their respective family members as well. That is why on the 16th April, Sedeco organised several activities for children. The children were either the own children of employees of Sedeco or were siblings or relatives. I personally went to fetch 4 children, 3 boys and a girl from the northern part of the country. My helped in taking a few photographs. Gifts, food and drinks were given to the children. I and other interns were in charge of making the event a success. It was very fun to interact with the children. Face painting activities were organised as well as colouring. The event ended with a song and dance item where the children had to sing and dance.

Overall, I would say, I enjoyed myself. This was the second time that I have worked with children. The first time being with another lecturer during the holidays. We (Interns) had to make paper crowns for the children each crown bearing the name of the each child. At the end of the day, I was very tired. The children were happy and were given gifts at the end. After the activities, I stayed behind to help to clean up and re-arrange the chairs and table. I am very thankful to Sedeco to have given me this opportunity and several other opportunities to learn new things.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello hans, thanks for sharing your experience i really like what you have written. For my internship, i have organized a day for the employees children in order to make the children discover where their dad or mum works. This event turns to be really successful and the children and their parents enjoyed a lot.

Unknown said...

Hello Arzina,
Thank you for appreciating my blog. Exactly, this is what SEDECO Ltee was trying to do to make the children realise what kind of jobs and tasks their parents perform. I am so happy that your event as well turned out to be a success. It is a pleasure when one works with children and I am grateful to SEDECO Ltee for having given me this opportunity as well as the experience.
Thank You
Hans

Unknown said...

Hi Hans,
I really enjoyed your post and I am sure I would have loved to be part of an event like that.

The way you described everything in this post showed how your day was full of joy, noisy I presume, entertaining and awesome as well.

I found it very interesting for a company to organize a day for the children/relatives of the employees, because it actually values the other. It is somehow normal to end up very tired at the end when we are working with children.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us, sharing also the joy that the children expressed during this event and how all this contribute to your learning.

Thank you,

Estelle

Unknown said...

Hello Estelle,
I am really happy to see that you have liked my post.
It is really tiring and required a lot of patience and the need to be careful as well because we are dealing with kids.
Yes, I really enjoyed myself and was really tired at the end of the day. Yes it was quite entertaining and fun.
You are absolutely right on this point. I found it rather enriching to be a part of this experience. Sometimes you have to behave like a 4-year old with them when you are actually 21.
I am really glad that you have loved whatever I have written. Thank You very much
Hans

Anonymous said...

Hello Hans,

What a fabulous post ! Thank you for sharing your experienced with us.

I did not have any doubt about the physical situation after your long day with the kids.I know what it is.I worked with children in the past for a stage of 2 months and I was really exhausted.Each day was a challenged for me.However working with children is one of my best experienced as you developed different skills.Furthermore working with children is more demanding than working with adults,and if you have the capability to succeed to this mission nothing will scare you

Melody

Unknown said...

Hello Hans,

That's a nice experience when sharing a moment with kids....

I personally love spending time with children because they are so full of energy....

Am sure even when preparing an event for kids there are a lot of work to do before and you are tried and challenge to find creative ways so that they are not bored. But at the end of the day when you see a smile on their face, you are happy and can say it was worth it...

nice reading your post

Melissa