Sunday, May 17, 2015

What do you mean its over?!

The event I have been working on for the last two and half months was last night, and I still can't believe its over. All that hard work, stress and adrenalin and its over…. in one night. It was a great night though.

The event was called Chitalian, and aimed to bring together both the Chinese and Italian's throughout commerce culture and cuisine. Not only did it feel great to see all our hard work pay off, but meeting so many important people from our communities (even some from Curtin Business School). Also getting recognition for all my efforts. Working full time and trying to do an internship hasn't been easy. One of the best things I learnt was time management and how important communication is. Being able to meet all the guest who attended while I was working lead to making some great networks. Even ones that have offered me internships after this one, and recommendations after I graduate.

All the hard work feels like it has paid off, and even though I was freaking out the whole day leading up to it, I had a great time. I can't wait to start on another project, and use all the information and experience I gained from this one.

Below is a photo of myself with Jimmy Yong. The former vice president of the WA Chinese Chamber of Commerce.


Feature in The West Australian Today. Wednesday May 20, 2015. Page 10.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Briana,

What a co-incendence that you were involved in this event! My supervisor Barbara McNaught attended the event and has had so many good things to say about it! I quote "It was SO much better than i thought it was going to be! I had a really good night." So well done your hard work obviously paid off :)

Congrats!
Aimee

Briana Arbuckle said...

Thats awesome so glad to hear! I spoke to her on the night she was great. Are you working on the men in black ball? are you enjoying your internship?

Briana.

Briana Arbuckle said...

Hi Aimee,
If you cloud let her know, if she doesn't already, the she is in the west from the night :D