Hi all,
I started my 393 with Curtin's Corporate Communications team last week. I was very pleased when I was given assignments right away and given the freedom to use my own initiative. It was a very full and interesting week. I met with several people from across the Corporate Communications team and learnt about their role and how they contributed to the department's overall strategy.
My highlight for the week was my Siemens Science Experience assignment. 100 year 10 students from across the state ascended on the Bentley campus for three days to participate in a variety of science demonstrations and activities. I attended a few of these events and interviewed several of the students as well as the coordinators of the program. I had a photographer from the Digital Media department assist me and take the photos that I requested. Following the event, I was able to write five media releases with different angles and different photos, which I will send to relevant community newspapers tomorrow. I also wrote and article for the Curtin website, which should be published tomorrow. I am really hoping that some of my releases get published - fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.
Erin Mill
Bentley Campus
No comments:
Post a Comment