hello everyone..sorry for missing in action but have been busy here. I am doing my internship at weber shandwick malaysia and very greatful for the opportunity. One of my colleague last week just told us that Public Relations can never be made an option but it has to be out of passion, and i asked her to elaborate on this matter and she said it is subjective. I just wanted to help her and share with you my views about PR.
Passion is my weakness and PR is my game, I breathe PR and leave a passionate life which means to me PR is all about passion, I feel for a person to take PR as an option then they are not dedicated consultants, they do not have that extra spark in them to be communication tools, life without passion is unforgivable and impossible. If you are not passionate about PR then it will be torture for you and you will not be able to help close that gap of good relation between the client and organisation.
She asked me if am passionate about PR, I TOLD HER AM A POLITICIAN BY BIRTH, A TOOL BY PROFESSION yes i have passion for PR. The question I WANTED HER TO ASK ME WAS, IS PR PASSIONATE ABOUT ME?
It is not, looking at the fact that PR industry in my country is saddening, most of the people do not even know the difference between PR and Human resources, some even think PR is marketing or advertising and it is so sad because they do not even know what is the use of having a PR consultant in a company. Passion of PR lives in some of us but the temple of where to perform it is not available.
PR IS ALL ABOUT PASSION AND OPTION IS TIDAK BOLEH..
I HOPE I ANSWERED HER QUESTION...
No comments:
Post a Comment