Hi everyone,
After remaining a few weeks in Eastwood, I started feeling more comfortable with my surrounding environments. Besides, they have taught me a lot of things. They made me realize that team work is very important. As we all know, working in a resort industry, there will be a lot of events and functions. So, without team work, there is nothing we can do to accomplish our job. But before that, I have come to realize that first I have to socialize with my colleagues.
See, it has now come to the problem. Socializing with people from different backgrounds, different age, and differently educated. But as I was born in different environment with different races, I know several languages other than my mother tongue (Mandarin), such as Iban, Malay, and Sarawak jargon. This made it easier for me to hang around with my colleagues; we can discuss and share our opinion together.
Like in one of the Eastwood Annual Golf Competition, even it was handled by the Golf Department but they still needed the help from our department to organize it. So, I have been given an opportunity to design a poster and banner for the Golf Competition. To complete it, I had to contact the sponsor for prizes, to get details and photos of their international golfer from the United States, as well as high resolution of the Company’s logo. After that, I had to prepare a sponsorship agreetment between Eastwood and the sponsor, this need to be in writing to prevent any misunderstanding in the future. I know it is quite challenging, but I can learn a lot from it.
After I have done with the entire Golf Competition things, guess what respond I get from our sponsor? Hey, they liked my work and I was so happy to hear that. Even the work has been gone through a lot of changes and edition. But at last, the sponsor satisfied with my work.
So, the moral of the story is to tell us do not give up easily. Even if we had been rejected at the first place, but we will never know the end result until we try our best. Agree?
So, that is all for now, for those who are still doing your internships, do your best and good luck!
Best Regards,
Sherly
Curtin Miri
No comments:
Post a Comment