Monday, March 2, 2009

First Day at Work

Hi everyone, my name is Ritchie Echazar from Mauritius and it is the first time that I am going to post something on a blog. Well I am doing PR 393 and one of the requirements of the this module is to do a minimum of 1 month internship in a Communication or Public Relations Department.

However due to the financial crisis, I have not been able to find a placement easily but with perseverance I have been able to get an internship at the Cargo Handling Corporation Limited which is responsible for managing port-handling operations which consists of loading, unloading, delivery and reception. Nevertheless, there is no proper PR department at the company. Instead there is a Human Resources and Communication department.  

On my very first day and the very first minute of work, I had to deal with employees coming to fetch their canteen cards. I was very busy as I had to communicate to them and they were almost ten people surrounding me. Thanks due to the skills that I have got while doing my BCOM, I have been able to deal with them in a professional manner and all the employees were satisfied and were thanking me for my job and professionalism. Then I said to my-self “You have start working guy.”

Afterwards all day long, I had to distribute canteen cards to the employees and also entering their names on the company system so as to know who had already taken their cards. 

At the end of the day I was very happy for various reasons which are:
• I have been able to find a placement and work
• I have been dealing and communicating with employees on my first day of work
• I have done my work correctly and I was satisfied with myself.

No comments: