Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 3

I spent the morning today organising my security clearance so that I can get in and OUT of the buildings. For a company that stresses safety so much it’s pretty surprising that you need swipe card access to get out of a building. You’d want to pray you’re never caught without your card in an emergency. I can understand the need to keep people of out the offices, but surely if you can get in there’s no point stopping you from getting out.

The rest of the day was devoted to doing up a poster for an event we’re running next week. I think it came out pretty well. My boss asked me to make a few changes which actually hurt my ego a little bit. I’ve never had qualms about critiques of my work before (you’re constantly having its shortcomings outlined at uni) but for some reason I took it to heart. Obviously I’ll need to learn to take criticism less personally in the future as I’m sure I’ll be getting plenty of it.

I’ve also been meeting a few people around the office. It’s a pretty mature workforce. From the people I’ve met so far I think I’d comfortably be 15 years younger than most, if not all. It makes it kind of daunting. I’ve found myself wondering if most people I pass in the halls think “what is this kid doing here?”

No comments: