Completed my poster and started putting them up anywhere I could find some free space. Even put one on my fridge at home. Got a few compliments from some guys in senior management about the design so I was pretty stoked (even though I already knew it was good). I’m starting to get a bit sick of the sight of them now though (the posters).
Newsletter came out yesterday and there was a copy waiting for me in my inbox this morning. My story went to print unedited so I was pretty happy.
Rest of the day I spent reading through sponsorship proposals. For the most part they were pretty good, if a bit basic/uncreative/not particularly eye catching. I know content is important but presentation has got to be at least as vital. Something that makes you sit up and take notice. Hundreds of them come into the company saying and asking for more or less the same thing so these organisations need to learn to differentiate. One thing that I was surprised about was spelling and grammar errors. A lot more common than I would’ve expected. I can understand that the smaller organisations have limited people and resources but that sort of thing is pretty elementary. Part of me wanted to call just to them give a quiet heads-up for next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment