Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Week @ CosmoGirl! Indonesia

(due to a technical problem with my blog, i am re-posting my previous blog)

My first days as an intern in a magazine company was very tough. Everyone was very busy and always had work to do. At a magazine editorial I was told that i have to be an indipendent intern as there are only around 11 people working and all 11 people have their own responsiblities. I have a supervisor that helps me now and then but i had to know my position and basic responsibilities for the rest of my time interning at CosmoGirl! (CG!). As the pace of working in a magazine is very fast.

The minute i started my internship i was told that at the end of the week, the annual CosmoGirl Of the Year 2009 (CGOTY) will be held at a cafe located in a mall in Jakarta and that i came right on time as there was alot that was needed to do, and everyone was very busy preparing for the event.

As the PR Intern i was asked to review the press release for the event as the event will invite many medias. Then also i had to introduce myself to the 10 CGOTY finalist and talk about my experience so far as an intern in the company as many of the finalist is interested in interning at CG! By the end of that week i was in charge of handling the media who attended the event. I had to greet the people who represented the media, and give them the press release that has been prepared.

On Sunday, 27th December after the short christmas break i had to attend a press conference held by MindChamps. Which was a innaguration to the vocalist of an Indonesian band, Bams Samsons as the Youth Fellow of MindChamps. I was there representing CosmoGirl! as one of the press that will be reporting the story in the magazine for March edition.

Even though this is only my first week, i can honestly say that the real world is very very tough! I was given so many responsibilities as an intern, hopefully i will manage to keep up my work until the end of the internship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a busy and exciting week!

It must have been interesting getting to meet the media and give them the press release. I've also had to do editing of press releases and it is definitely a good learning experience. It was great for me to see how my office does their press releases compared to what we have learnt at university. I'm not sure what I expected, but I was surprised how simple they were. It was just like the ones we wrote at university...expect the layout was a bit different. I guess it's more likely for them to get published if they are simple and easy for journalists to read.

It's cool that CosmoGirl trusts you enough to let you represent them. Goodluck!