Hey Everyone,
Well I have never really had a blog before so this is very new to me but they say every journey begins with one step. Well we all know how we have all heard stories from friends and family members about how their internship experiences were such horrific moments of their lives; well mine was nothing close to grabbing coffee for the boss and photocopying tones of paper.
I did not know what to expect on my first day but it turned out much better than I thought. Well I started just in time for the Haiti concert Hosted by Limkokwing University Cyberjaya and was so proud of being a part of helping out in inviting the media to come and attend the concert. Actually on my first day I practiced what I had been taught in my public relations classes.
Working for the Media Relations and Public relations department in the school where I study is something that most would tend to take lightly.I did not know what to expect on my first day but it turned out much better than I thought. Well I started just in time for the Haiti concert Hosted by Limkokwing University Cyberjaya and was so proud of being a part of helping out in something that the whole world knew about. For those who were and are still able to do something to put a smile on the face of the People of Haiti who lost everything in their entire lives was something that am proud to help in any way i can.
Actually on my first day I practiced what I had been taught in my public relations classes, inviting the media to come an attended the concert, making a press kit for them were assignments that I had certainly done in one of my Pr modules only this time it was not pretend it was a reality.
Working for the Media Relations and Public relations department in the school where I study is something that most would tend to take lightly but for me I think it’s a great opportunity for me to give my ideas and suggestions that my own university can do to improve the way they do things in the field of public relations and what better way to achieve this than the client or in the case like this one public relations getting first hand suggestions from one of its external key public’s which has been me for more than two years.
So are interning stories of grabbing coffee and having to do any task given to you without question rumors or in actual fact experienced stories by real people who have encountered such issues. i would love to hear about anyone's experience both positive and negative.
1 comment:
Most people are afraid of new things and I've learnth that there's excitement in trying fresh ideas. I think as times goes by, we'll find that the working world we enter will throw us into things we're not ready for.
I guess we'll just hav to manage, isnt it?
Post a Comment