Hey guys.....
I have done PR for the last 2 years and a few months and I have fallen inlove with it. Simply because no brand or company can stand without Pr, and no celebrity can afford not having a PR assistance and using them as their shield
Definitions of Pr
From my PR Courses knowledge Pr deals with relations between the company and its key publics. It also deals with the company's reputation and its ability to promote and keep the brand name of the product or services of the company known and easily identified by the community.
From online dictionary: A promotion inteded to create good will for a person or institution
and finally from my experience: Public Relation is the power to control the image of the company and its reputation.
From all the other different sources I have gained a lot of knowledge on what PR is all about and combining them all together I believe Pr has so much power in the bussiness world today and its ability to use the media and monitor the media on behalf of companies makes it as powerful as ever. this is simply because the media being an influencial industy can turn people to or away from a company and PR works to make sure the public appreciates the brands available. Reputation management is very powerful if the company does not have a good reputation it is as good as not existing but PR is the superman snatching the company's reputation fro going down the drain
Today is my last day of internship, just a few hours before I bid everyone fawell. I am surely gonna miss my desk, i had grown attached to using my little spot. There is one thing I have learnt, working in a small and growing company isn't always easy but it has helped me grow and unlike in huge and famous companies my efforts were noticed and my presence was felt. To actually see a company grow gradually and being succeful is beautiful, its like watching a baby grow from strength to strength and getting wiser everday.
Seeing myself communicate and meet the rich and famous has been a wonder for me working in Mantissa, I have realised that PR is so powerful that it reaches to high places and still is humble enough to lower places. I communicated with Embassodors and I would communicate with an ordinary student who desperately needs scholarship in a day. I would communicate with the Manager of Information and Broadcasting in Botswana and set up an appointment,feeling like the president and still have to sit back and humble myself to talk to everyone who needs my help. This shows how communication just like in a marriage is created by PR bringing the company close to its key publics and i enjoyed doing all this especially that i had so much inght from my PR 250 where i did media clipping, i fell inlove with following up the media.
Am thankful to my school for this privalage, I have tasted and now I know how beautiful it is to be PR Professional lol! Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog and hope I was helpful to you too.
Remain blessed and for those who still have a few more days to go, keep making our profession proud.
Pearl
LUCT, Cyberjaya
Malaysia
No comments:
Post a Comment