This had been the second week at Bluedale Group of Companies,and it has been quite a productive and busy week.I was assigned to write a pre press release and media questions and answers for an upcoming event in October.It was an eye opening experience to learn the practical side of the logistics of organizing event,more especially the preparations before the event.Even though the event is not near,the company is serious about the preparations to ensure the success of the event. Furthermore,I am so excited to contribute towards making the event a reality.
This week also I had a chance of putting all the writing and research skills are learnt from my PR modules into practice. Surprisingly,my supervisor emphasized about the important of research and referencing which has been like our daily bread throughout our course.I guess this shows that theory is important and relevant into helping you transition into practical work.
I am so happy for the opportunity to be able to put into practice what i have learnt,and waiting to gain a whole lot more.
Cheers
Boniface Badubi,LUCT
6 comments:
hi...Its a good thing you are having fun and you are confident keep that up.Pr is quite interesting especially the whole part of organising events,so tell me are you doing it the same way we use to do it in class where you have to write the running schedule,checklist and writing a speech?
Ohh thats so good. Now that you have been putting everything into practice (even the referencing) you will have to learn even more for the next PR module Bonniface. The past modules were to prepare you for this internship, now get ready for the work industry. Mind you; Time wasted never returns..
Bonnie i wish you all the best, its not an easy road we are embarking on, but we have to go through it. just stay focused, do no get discouraged when you get scolded at,its just a phase!
ask for help anytime you are stuck from your boss, and i am also here to help!
Hi
I am doing my intern at Go international group and we having a major event this coming Sunday which we are doing our final touches and ensuring that all is in place.On a serious note, i did not know that Pr was this broad and dealt with event management and all, i had thought that it was all about providing solutions for companies facing crisis( that is restoring the image of the company) but i guess thats because i was not this exposed.For this week i am in the event management team, and learning a lot in terms of post event preparations.Its a good thing that the company is actually preparing earlier because working under pressure is not the way to get good results.Good luck in all you do Mr Bonnie, and leave a mark in the company,
God bless You :)
Thanks for the comments.Actually,the event management part is interesting because the actual event is in October but the preparations are so serious.So what we learn in class is still relevant because it gives you an idea of the direction they are taking.Also I have learnt that PR is quite a broad field,and you have to know a bit of everything.
Now I understand why Curtin University emphasizes the need to reference.Some things we don't take them seriously, like the Q&A for the media. I remember we did it at the University as an exercise. I thought it was nothing to do with PR work then.
Post a Comment