Hey bloggers!
I would like to share my thoughts about the relevance of CSR in public relations after having worked in the real life practice for 20 days.
I think that CSR should be a fundamental aspect of modern public relations. Companies need to show that they care for the community genuinely. Most companies have been getting involved into corporate activities many times before so as to raise goodwill. I think this is unethical public relations.
Corporate public relations is very interesting and has a great deal of importance. While doing my placement at Sun Resorts, I have noticed to what extent the company actually does allow great importance to its CSR Programs.
I have also been working one of the company's major CSR projects which was the building of a Cancer Unit Trust Ward in one hospital.
Companies who know how to apply CSR principles adequately through their public relations will not only proved out to be successful but as well as highlighting their professionalism and sense of moral values.
It was a pleasure for me to work on the company's CSR programs.
I bet many of you as well have been involved in some sort of corporate social activities during your placement time.
I also think that the State in many countries should encourage companies, be it private or public to implement CSR programs. In Mauritius, until recently, the law states that every company should have a CSR budget and program.
They did a good thing.
Cheers,
Urvi
2 comments:
Hi,
I think it's really interesting that you were involved in the CSR process. We all learn how increasingly important it is for organisations to implement CSR policies into their business and the great deal of effect it produces. I think that knowledge of this aspect will really help you for your future PR endeavors. Hopefully your organisation firmly believes in these changes and the employees do of course so that the changes are happening for the right reason. We all know what green-washing can do, and the consumer is only catching on quicker these days!
good job!
Hi Urvi,
It must have been exciting to be involved in the CSR process. I do agree with you and think it should be implemented in most companies.
I think it is a really good way to reach the society and also to help out with the extra funding.
Hope you enjoyed yourself. Sounded like fun! :)
Cheers,
Karmini
Post a Comment