Even though my ‘official’ internship is going to start on 10th January 2011, I was invited by Mr John Michael Swinbank to do some early preparation and experience at the office this week. This three preparation days was my baby steps into JMS PR and public relations industry.
I would like to briefly introduce the company:
JMS Mirage Corporation is a boutique Perth-based public relations house that consists of a commercial theatrical production company Mirage Makers and JMS Public Relations. JMS Public Relations is a highly regarded public relations house specialising in the arts, entertainment, and health and lifestyle areas in Perth, Western Australia, often on the cutting edge of contemporary arts practice. JMS Public Relations offers professional services in the fields of public, media and community relations, marketing and design expertise, as well as event and crisis management. JMS PR is located at Northbridge.
I am the only staff member in JMS PR. I was thrilled to know that I have been assigned to be Mr John Michael’s personal assistant. Mr John also explained my tasks as a PA and few ground rules in the office.
What I’ve completed this week
- Mr John and I discussed and prepared for an emergency meeting to deal with crisis that happened within a client’s organisation, included meeting discussion list and contingency plan to deal with current situation.
- I have done some article clippings and media report, which is the record of media coverage about the shows or company in general, for a client who we had a meeting on the next day.
- Mr John and I attended a rehearsal of a then-upcoming comedy theatre show “Puss in Boots” at Playhouse Theatre. It was exciting and nice to see the rehearsal and a snippet of the show as I have never been to any theatre in Perth before; I briefly talked to the director of the show John Senczuk and the music composer.
- The research of Public and School Holiday calendar for scheduling of show dates
- Created several Car Bay lease advertisements in social websites such as Gumtree and RentMyCarPark
What I’ve learnt this week
- I learnt about my job scope and tasks as a personal assistant at JMS PR
- I learnt that it is important to maintain good relationship within the organisation, particularly between board members and staff members.
More posts coming up soon! Good luck everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment