I will say the internship was an eye opening experience. It helped me to grow as an individual and as a Public Relation professional. After 9 weeks i spent at DRTS, and also after writing my report ,i'm proudly saying that I'm going to make a difference in Botswana.
During my internship i learned about the importance of team work,as a public relations professional you have to make sure that people are always willing to listen to what you want to say. I made sure that i create relationship with almost everyone in the organizations even ladies at the kitchen, security man and drivers.
Public relations is still quite new in Botswana, most of organizations still don't understand the importance of public relations. It is up to us as public relations professionals to show them what we can do for their organizations and the country at large. The DRTS's Management trusted in me so much, i was involves in so many activities . What matters most is to show them what you can do for the organization, show them that they really need you, bring the impact to the running of organization, make them fill your present .
2 comments:
I like the last comment about showing the organisation that they really need you! I couldn't agree more.
I also feel after working sl closely with a group for two months really not only helps your grow in your field of practice but also as a person, you become much more aware of your surroundings and begin to understand the way organisations work. From never being exposed to big companies or any organisations before PR internship was a great start for me, allowed me to have a taste of the industry.
I feel although public relations is still rather new in some areas, I think this could work to an advantage, so once we get out into the work force we can show them what its all about and really help their organisation grow in many levels. I feel the next generation of pr practitioners will have a lot to offer! so watch out world : )
I was fascinated by your work in Botswana sounds amazing! Im sure theres more to come.
Hi,
Team work is one of the most important. It really works towards the growth of an organization, company and/or consultancy. One has to be patient, should have a listening ear and be cooperative when working with people. This creates a good relationship amongst the team mates.
I berg to differ with you when you say Public Relations is still quite new in Botswana, because at the Ministry of Agriculture the information and PR department has been in existence since 1965. So my take or view is that PR has not been taken serious until of late when companies are engaging PR consultants to promote their causes and help with the Corporate Social Responsibilities campaigns.
I really like last point you made that you showed DRTS that they really need you, the PR practitioner should leave an impact.
Post a Comment