Hi All,
My blogging topic is back to work for the time being.
Despite my best attempts to not do any work whatsoever during office hours and establish myself as the Microsoft Pinball world champion, I've come to terms with the fact that I should really do something and I'm getting a wriggle on to finish all my projects. I've written up a number of case studies about good examples of sports clubs and state sporting associations using social media and online technology. While this work isn't strictly PR work it is closely related; what I'm trying to do is establish some best practice examples so I can help sports clubs help themselves in the future. From a PR/marketing point of view it's pretty impressive how effective use of social media has helped sports clubs; whole teams have been added to clubs just through creating Facebook and Twitter pages, and some clubs are reporting record attendances at their club events. The end result ideally being increased membership, funding and sponsorships to the clubs.
I've been continuing with my "How To's" for social media. Facebook really shot me in the foot when they changed their layout last week. But, thanks to good and efficient designing by this guy (me) I've managed to update it all with minimal work, which was kind of one of the requirements of the project as Facebook sees fit to change their layout whenever Zuckerberg feels threatened by other forms of social media (I'm talking about you, Google+). Anyway when I've got everything all done it will all be up on the Department of Sport and Recreation website, I'll try and link it with my last blog piece. Y'all should check it out, it's a real page turner.
On a different note I'm continuing to integrate myself into the social life of the office. In an hour or so I'm playing in the inter-department footy match. This being the Department of Sport and Recreation there are a few fairly handy sports people around, but I got told girls are playing so hopefully I'll just be able to choose the smallest one and pick on her.
Have a good weekend. If you're going to Rotto come say hi. I'll be at the pub.
Tom.
14262182
1 comment:
Hi Tom,
Sounds like your internship is going well! How have you found working in a government department? I'm doing the State Gov Internships program too- except I'm at the State Library Foundation which is technically a not-for-profit. I haven't actually had too much to do with the actual government department so I'd be interested to hear what you have to say!
I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff on social media. I have been doing a bit of research into social media for the communications plan I have been putting together for the Foundation. One thing that really suprised me was how powerful social media can be as a marketing/PR tool if you know how to use it properly. I thought I was a bit of a pro already but I quickly realised I had heaps to learn!
Enjoy the rest of your placement!
Jaimi
Post a Comment