Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Manikinn no.2xx

Hi there Manikinn again,

Hope we are all going well even though very hectic, which I am sure we all are experiencing. Still really enjoying my time at Manikinn where it’s a mix of everything I enjoy working with.

Since the last blog, I have been organising a few of the Manikinn TV's. With this task, I have been planning interviewing techniques with I can approach the in store customers and passersby who are walking along Beaufort St.

It is quite a daunting task to have to go up to people who are enjoying their solitary time shopping and probably do not want to be pestered for questions upon their fashion style. Though it is interesting to see what people are like and how approachable they are or how helpful they want to be.

Many people though, have been generous enough to stop for a quick chat where I would ask around 5-6 questions on their own style, tastes, favourite pieces of clothing or what they are looking forward to wearing for summer.

One lady in particular allowed me to style her by following me into Manikinn and dressing her in the clothing. This is where I was able to interview not only this lady but also myself in a way, adding a simple additional documentary on what I have put together and why. This will be added to Manikinn TV in due course.

Another aspect I have been working on is updating the social pages and looking out for any bits of Manikinn found online or in editorials where we are never updated with when or where it may pop out. With summer on the way, Manikinn's newest collections, in particular their tees and tanks are creating great hype and attention with publishers or agencies that constantly ring up for clothing for upcoming magazine spreads. When this happens we normally are given a theme, such as say 'Grecian' or 'Summer Paradise', where we collect any styles relating to that theme.

We either take a snap shot first to email through what we have, seeing if it’s to their tastes, or they may know the outfit from the website and send away immediately. Hopefully the clothing is returned back soon enough without hassle, then it is up to us, as the PR liaisons to look through magazines, online editorials, social media sites for any of the promotional spreads.

This is always interesting when you are in charge of locating what to promote, how we want it styled, co-ordinating with media and then the search which is always like your own surprise every time you come across one. This is a great way to then further promote within blogs or social media updates and create hype.

Until next time,

Jessica Geach
14424131

No comments: