Hello all,
A lot bit has been happening since my last blog and being busy is my excuse for the delay, I’ve written my first media release, participated in a sponsorship meeting and recorded a video shopping experience for members in an effort to raise awareness of a partnership between Student Edge and Cash & Carry. As well as these roles I am in the process of creating an induction pack based on the large amount of interns that work at Student Edge. As well as that I have been involved in client liaising as I have been helping in client account management.
Since starting at Student Edge I wondered to myself, how does Student Edge give away so much, and remain viable? However working I have learnt that Student Edge is quite a lucrative source to some 300,000+ members. Student Edge offer space in their newsletters and on their website and host competitions for companies looking to engage in a youthful audience. Cash & Carry happen to be one of those organisations, and has been working with Student Edge for quite some time. Cash & Carry offer Student Edge members free access to their stores which stock goods that are generally at least 10-15% cheaper than regular supermarkets. I was lucky enough to be asked to help them brainstorm new ways of gaining interest in the store, other than their regular Christmas giveaway. During the session the idea of targeting students in year 12 for leavers was decided. From there myself and another intern have recorded ourselves participating in a Cash & Carry challenge with a strict budget and will soon post this online to start the Cash & Carry leavers awareness campaign. As well as the video, there will be a student competition and the winners will be rewarded with their leavers goods being provided by Cash & Carry.
As mentioned in the last blog, Student Edge is growing and has set their sights on national domination. Recently, they acquired the man that they believe will help them get there, the ex Pro Vice Chancellor of Murdoch University, John Yovich. As John was involved with the expansion of Murdoch overseas, the board believe that he has the right connections to get Student Edge national, and beyond. As John has now become the Executive Chairman of the board, a media release was to be issued.
Other than that I have been creating an induction pack that will be provided to all interns at the beginning of their internship as no current induction materials exist and carrying on with regular roles such as social media monitoring, client reporting, media bookings and website work.
Until next time...I hope you are all enjoying your internship!
Lucy Zupan
14283808
No comments:
Post a Comment