Hey everyone,
As the saying goes, all goood things have to come to an end. My work experience with United Nations Assosiation Australia WA Division (UNAAWA) was a mind blowing one! Work with UNAAWA has become a norm to me and I am definitely going to miss everything from getting to work in the morning rush, completing office work at the small and cozy office located at Subiaco and of course working with a group of friendly and hard working volunteers.
Every task given to me by UNAAWA has definitely made me more aware and exposed to the real PR world. From the beginning, as soon as I joined I had to attend the Women Rights Conference organised by UN. I honestly felt so inferior at first but many thanks to my supervisor I started feeling more comfortable and was able to just put my mind to it and speak to these people. As I mentioned before, women rights has a special place in my heart and I was very fortunate to meet all the big names in the Australian Women Rights Committee. It was definitely a wonderful experience and from that, I could not help but anticipate what else was coming my way.
My anticipation paid off as I was assigned to do a qualitative research on the women's group that attended the Leadership Program which was part of the Women Rigths Conference. I gained so much of knowledge on interviewing, time management and getting my priorities right. I had a difficult time meeting with women from different parts of Perth as I did not have my own transport and what was and still is frustrating till today is when the interviewee does not show up! It is such a horrible and disappointing feeling. Guess we all go through that at some point in our lives but I had no option but to not give up and continue working hard. Unfortunately, it is sad that even till this very day I have not met with some of the ladies due to their 'committments'.
I will still continue working as a volunteer at UNAAWA to complete my mission successfully and help UNAAWA organise and conduct events.
Tania Fernandez
Bentley Campus
1 comment:
Wow I love the passion in your blogs and the fact that you are really getting a great experience! The experiences you have had are also enviable and I wish you the best for the future.
Post a Comment