Wednesday, October 12, 2011


Hi friends,

I just wanted to share something that happened to me during my internship. Once we had to participate in a fundraising activity. We were all given 2 lots of lotteries to sell on the streets and shops. Fortunately I had one more friend who was also doing her internship at Amnesty. It was something new to us as we had never done such an activity before. We were feeling odd about talking to people and persuading them to buy the tickets in order to help the poor. But we took some courage and tried doing it. Little by little it started coming automatically and we were able to sell a lot of lotteries.

But it was a very nice experience as we had to make use of our PR knowledge and abilities in persuading the public. I also believe that she will also agree with me.

Smriti Bauhadoor
14446229
CTI

2 comments:

Emmi M said...

Hi Smriti,

I read your blog about selling tickets for Amnesty and I think it is great you were able to be involved.

I know the things I found most intimidating about my internship was having to sell or pitch a product to someone I had never met. In the long run, it really is great for your own confidence and professional manner.

Being involved in charities like yours in what I think PR is all about- giving back to the community.
We all have a social responsibility and I've realised it doesn't matter what industry you work in, you can achieve that.

Well done on your efforts and good luck in the future!

Emmi

Anicksha said...

Hello Smriti,

At last I can have a glimpse at your blog...Honestly, you must be proud of your work at Amnesty. I know that selling lottery tickets on the streets is no common thing that we are used to but look at it from a different angle, you'll definitely see the good side of it.

First, you did it for a humanitarian and charitable cause and second thing, you are putting into practice all what we learnt at uni on PR and Community Relations.

Hope you enjoyed your internship as much as I did.

Best of Luck in your future career.

Cheers.

Anicksha Boolell.
14436314.
Charles Telfair Institute.