When I first began, the AGM had just finished and the whole committee had been reshuffled and there was a new president elected. I first met the new president a few days later and she had given me several tasks to complete. One of which was to refurbish the social network of the association and also the website. I had conducted some researches online and come up with a few ideas for them. I learned that no matter what kind of association you are, social network plays a very important role and a website is something that must provide with well equipped information because nowadays, no matter which generation you belong to, the internet is always your solution.
I have been in the office 3 days a weeks and have met such wonderful volunteers throughout the job. Oh yes, everyone at the UNAAWA are mainly volunteers and it is amazing how much time and passion they have for the association. I was also given tasks to run an event which is on the 23rd of October which i will talk about in my next post! so, stay tuned and all the best!..
Karmini Eswaran
3 comments:
Hi Mel,
My name is Emmi and I'm actually doing my intern at Lloyd Events just round the corner from Mellen Events, so our job placements go really hand in hand!
I'm glad your enjoying it, you sound super busy! I've really been enjoying working with music events and live acts, it's exciting coming up to the new season, such as Live at the Quarry.
Have you been doing much with this event? I came in and watched a marketing meeting with my boss Michael and Kate from Mellen. Really interesting to see how everything works and the close connection both businesses have.
Well good luck in the future with whatever you decide to do!
Emmi
Hi Karmini,
I just read over your blog and your placement sounds amazing!
The UN is arguably the pinnacle example for the solid foundation of ethical public relations practices so I hope it has been an amazing experience for you!
Do you think there will be any chance of possibly securing a position there? I would imagine it would be a terrific addition to your resume :)
Hope all is well,
Kieran
Hi Keiran!
My placement was truly amazing and I have had a ball of time working with the UNAAWA. it has been a great experience and has opened my eyes to how a consultancy can help the organization and the society by pro Bono basis. It is quite exciting and it is voluntary basis so i reckon i'd be sticking around for a bit. :)
Post a Comment