Friday, January 20, 2012

Last Day of Internship

Finally its the last day of my Internship, however its not the end of the journey for me as I will be continuing my career with them. Thought about it for quite sometime and decided to take up the challenge to do Public Relations in the Jewellery Sector. Although its the end of my Internship but I think it is just a beginning for me to headstart my new career.


For the past one week after the Jewellery show, I was given the task to come up with the key messages and strategies for part of a PR Plan on rebranding the company's image. I find that I always get stuck and I think creativity in Public Relation is very important. As we would want to find the right strategies and key messages to convey and represent our company. That is why we have regular meetings with the director so that we will be able to brainstorm and put our ideas together.


There was a sense of fulfilment when all of us finish coming up with the key messages and strategies. For the next few weeks to go we will be working on the other areas of the PR Plan. I am excited for the strategies that we are going to implement for the company. 


Overall this internship gave me lots of insight and training before I officially start work over there. Especially all my colleagues are really helping and I am sure working with them will be a pleasant one in the future.


Lastly, I want to wish all of you a very Happy Chinese New Year!


Toh Wan Yi
Curtin Singapore Campus

2 comments:

Shu Rong said...

Hi Wan Yi,

Congratulations on your last day of internship! Could see that you really learn a lot through these few months. Creativity is something that is bothering me too! But my colleagues told me that it comes with experience, so I guess we shouldn't be so bothered about it and try our best to come out with original idea. I reckon it comes with exposure too as the more you are aware and exposed to these things, the more you can think of something. So don't worry too much and just do your best! I'm also sure that you will have a great and fun time working there. All the best to you and good luck! Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process!

Regards
Shurong

katie leong said...

Hi Wan Yi,

I feel so jealous that you are having your last day at your company already. Everyone seems to finish their internship already except me. I agree with Shu Rong that creativity comes with experience. so i would suggest you to do more and seek advise from your colleagues. Hope you survived well at your company!

Regards
Katie:)