Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2nd Week

Hi all,

My second week working in Sarawak Tourism Board (STB) has just passed and everything was so far, okay. Like i've said in the first post, the organization is currently focusing on the two main events that are going to be held here in Sarawak , Borneo Jazz Festival and Rainforest World Music Festival, therefore, i was assigned to be in charge of sponsorships. I had to call and draft out letters to be send to the potential local sponsors. It was rather hectic but still manageable. Also, the follow-up calls to all the potential sponsors and companies was rather awkward. I cant possibly just called and asked if they were going to sponsor us or not, can i ?

Other than that, on the same week, it was also my first time attending their employee communication meeting which they called it "Meeting Turun Padang" here. In Malay term, it literally means "going down to the field" where all the staffs and head of departments gathered together to discuss about all the current issues faced by the organization and also especially to give all the staffs a sense of community, knowing who is in charge and what's happening within the organization.

The Meeting

That's all from me today and i hope everyone have a good week ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josephine,

This post definitely caught my eye so good job with the picture! :)

As I was reading I couldn't help but laugh at your line "Umm how was I meant do to that?" about calling the sponsors.. because I have recently had to do similar things myself ! :)It is really daunting isn't it?? haha


Espeically when we barely no what we're talking about yet! haha! I am also just about finshed my second week! What other types of things have you helped organise with?? I have had to make lots of phone calls organising equipment for events, and media attending etc so I understasnd how daunted you must be !

We also had to organise media and security for a big annual report release by the CEO today so security was intense escorting him to and from different floors of our building for various interviews. (Quite scary in the corporate world sometimes isnt it!?)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your placement seems like this are just about to pick up so hang in there!


Jasmin