Saturday, May 19, 2012

Internship nearing end

Yeap ! Thats' right, another two more weeks for me and i'll be done with my placement. Can you believe it? It's week 12 already and how is everyone getting on with the final report? I hope all is well. I am struggling here myself too.

Anyway i have been rather busy for the past few weeks and hence, the lack of updates. Like i've said in my previous post, the organisation that i'm doing my internship at, (IdentityWA, just in case nobody remembers) is establishing a new website and e-newsletter, so i basically were given the responsibility to research on what can be added to the website and what shouldn't, and also gathering all the informations before proposing it to the CEO.

Also, just two weeks ago, IdentityWA also facilitated a graduation ceremony for social trainers who has successfully completed their training in Cert 3 and 4. It was really heartwarming to see what each and everyone of them have gone through to achieve what they have become today and especially their contributions to the community and the people with disabilities. I was told to cover the event and later on write an article about it. So yeah, it's definitely a good experience for me. I've met a lot of people with different backgrounds and their experiences with the disabled. We had a little chit-chats/interviews and i took a lot of photographs as well. This was then followed by morning tea, with lots of lots of sweet and savoury desserts and that's exactly what i love about covering an event.

Other than that, i've also been asked to create an invitation for the 35th Anniversary Art Exhibition that IdentityWA has been organising. I know i'm shameless but i actually quite like my design. Lucky me. I took a few design units before so all is well.

That's all from me for now and good luck in the final report. Im sure we all can pull it off well.

Cheers,
Josephine Wong

No comments: