Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tlamelo Magdelene Letshwenyo

I was interviewed by the Executive Editor Dr Nayan Kanwal. During my time with Universiti Putra Malaysia Pertanika Journal Publication, I was responsible for checking the mails every morning from the individual authors, labeling and filing the journals at the filing room accordingly, preparing letters of acknowledgements, preparing submission of article letters, updating information on the company website about the numbers and information of the individual journalists as they submit their journals, researching and writing an article about the Pertanika Journals that was included in the Universiti newspaper called the Tribun Putra under the Journal news section. Besides my duties in the office, I also helped in printing letters from the authors to the department of Journal Publication and also emailing letters of response to the authors. Sometimes I helped out around the office with the receptionist work or sometimes I could spend the whole day doing check up phone calls and some days I joined my colleagues to other departments to collect office equipments for daily usage and running of the Universiti duties.

UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA PERTANIKA JOURNAlS

1 comment:

Angela said...

wooow! this sounds fun... and i can imagine you being the only african in your internship, i guess you learnt a lot. its very interesting that you were multi tasking, its a hard work to check up on mails, and above all, writing a journal that got published in the newspaper.