Monday, May 14, 2012

What I know now that I didn't know before.

In most of the NGO's out there PR people say they don't do fundraising work and he same applies to the fundraising people, but in actual fact these two work hand in hand and most of their work is inter linked. for example, the fundraiser's job is to identify a sources of potential support through research and  then inform the source the value of their organization s o they (the source) consider working with it. by doing that only the fundraiser is actually cultivating the relationship between his/her organization and that individual /company. this is how fundraising takes part in Public Relations.

Advice for my fellow PR practitioners to be, this is something I have learned the had way, working hard, being time cautious, always having a second or even third plan last but not least challenging yourself, going an extra mile in everything that you do  always pays up by the end of the day.

Thank you
NONOFO B.
LUCT

4 comments:

Gorata said...

Hi Nonofo! thanks for the advice will use it in the long run, and i suppose it will benefit me.

BathoM said...

did you plan any fundraising activities during your placement and was it successful? I must say, I am thankful for this advice. To be honest, I never really thought of the differences or similarities between fundraising and PR.

KeseB said...

To Batho

My whole internship was based on fundraising events, the big one being the Night with Rozz, a Malaysia transgender singer. The event was pretty successful even though there were some bumps on the road like, the singer herself came late to the show so we had improvise and come up with plan B to keep our audiences entertained.

I am glad the advice can help, it helped me a lot.
Thank you gals

KELLY B said...

this is one of a great experience and i believe it was insightful.when you do the fundraising events,does it some how merge the Marketing strategies,where do u draw a line between PR work and the marketing and ,budgeting for all these.hop the question is clear.think it in the line where some PRO's do the marketing duties and or the marketing people do the pr duties.
thank you.