Thursday, October 4, 2012

You Want to travel with a peace of mind?


This is the first Salon du Voyage organized by  MarCom for Le Voyageur Travel & Tours.
The purpose of this Salon du Voyage was to inform people and provide them all information concerning travelling and leisure. Airline companies such as Air Mauritius, Air France, hotels in Mauritius and Rodrigues, leisure activities such as Casela Leisure, skydive and Seakart were present there to provide more information about their activities.  

During the fair there has been more than forty exhibitors who offered special deals. This was the only opportunity to come and have a look on the promotions offered. 


MarCom has help Le Voyageur Travel & Tours to prepare this salon du voyage. 
My role was:


  1. Drafting media releases both in french & English. At first it was difficult, but with time i saw it interesting.
  2. Drafting speeches, which was quite good. I learnt more about how a speech should be and where there should be a pause, a joke(sense of humour)
  3. I was asked to prepare a power-point  about salon du voyage- this was an interesting part, because i need to conduct some interviews and research and add a personal touch like background music and some graphics. 
Overall, the event was a success and MarCom is now planning on other events for LVTT in the coming festive days. 


Bye friends
Meem :) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mridoo,
It is a nice experience working in the 'Salon du Voyage' as there was a lot of different Airline companies with different policies. Moreover you must have developed more confidence in terms of writing and communication.

I am glad that your event have been a success as when working on such events, you develop more potential and success bring more confidence. Keep it up. Regards, Ahmad.

Soul Engaged said...

Hey Ahmad.. thanks.. it was a good experience indeed. Being on the field in order to break the routine work in the office it is good sometimes. I think this is the advantage of PR.

You said I must developed more confidence in terms of writing and communication, I didn't get your point.

well, thanks to comment on my post Ahmad. :)
Bye