Wednesday, June 5, 2013

End of a Wonderful Experience

My internship ended on the 28 February 2013. It was with regret that I ended my internship after two months of experience at Toyota Mauritius Ltd. It was a great opportunity for me, to work in this emerging company. After two months of internship I have gained and developed much more skills in communication, writing, organizing and expanding my own personality.    
     
It was hard to realize that working in the PR field is not really easy at it seems. Although there was no PR department in that company, PR activities are done by members of the staff from the Marketing/Customer Relations, Human Resource and Administration departments.

Although that I have started my internship a bit stressed I do not regret spending two month working with these wonderful people. Working in the automobile sector is one of my dreams that I would like to accomplish after my degree. I am really fascinated about cars and I find that the automobile sector is a very competitive domain in which I would really like to perform.

I have been able to take into consideration that working as PR agent in a company is very demanding. An automobile company such as Toyota Mauritius does not base itself on the selling of cars to gain popularity or money, but that are a hard work behind all this. It is all base upon internal and external communication, CRM, advertising and so on, which is of great importance for the progress of the company.

Having PR 393 Practical as module, for students is a great idea. It has given the chance to the students to do their internship in order to help them in their future when entering in the working place. I have been able to put into practice some of the theories that I have done during the three years of university.

I really hope that you have all enjoyed your internship as much as I have. I wish you a good luck for your future career.

Cheers,

Sharon Aubeeluck
14534661

Charles Telfair Institute

2 comments:

Divya said...

Hi Sharonne,

I'm glad to see that you've enjoyed your internship as much as I did for mine. Just like you I've been able to develop my communication skills, either is it written or oral. The PR world indeed is different from what we've learn at university. It is a challenging world in which I wish to pursue a career too...just in the art and culture sector.

Divya G

PRintern said...

Hi Sharonne,

I agree that completing this unit is an excellent way to experience what it is like in the public relations department in the real world.

If anything, it allows you to pursue a sector that you are interested in and even if it doesn't work out you know going into the future that it is just not for you.

I am glad you enjoyed your placement.