Sunday, February 16, 2014

Updating and Improving the Press Kit

The PR professional has many tools in his/her toolbox, but most would agree that one of the most valuable public relations tool is the press/media kit.
An elaborately designed press kit is a compilation of thorough information on your client/company along with its complex information and photos relating the product or service that will be publicised. when a media kit is done properly with the most intricate amount of information it will give the media representatives an appealing presentation of the information they will need for a particular story or news article.


Personally, One of my favourite PR task is creating a specialised media kit , how great is it that I am working on updating a New press kit for Planet Borneo Tours & Travel and Planet Borneo Lodge.                        

Press Kit check list:



  • Backgrounders
  • New Releases
  • Brochure
  • Photograph of company products
  • Fact Sheet
  • Previous achievements and Awards 
  • Quote sheet from pass and existing clients


This press kit will allow potential and existing clients to know better on the services and products Planet Borneo Tours & Travel Services can offer them.


Here are some photographs I used for the Press Kit, these photos were taken at a few of the many tour locations the company offers :



An old Iban man from Batang Ai


Semenggoh  Orang Utan Wildlife Centre

The 'Rafflesia' worlds largest flower in Gunung Gading 


Proboscis monkey in Bako National Park



    


           © Photos are owned by the company, all rights reserved






Mebang Bato
7E0A7786/15451460
Curtin Miri




  
  

                      


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your photos for press kit, it was attractive and catchy, hope you enjoy your internship :)

steaf twomey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steaf twomey said...

Hi,
I haven't yet got to create a press kit but I have sent out some stories to media outlets as well as our blog. I still find it amazing how powerful the picture is. It is often the difference between an effective release and an ineffective one. I found I have spent a lot more time taking a and selecting photos than I though I would and have come to learn how important they are