Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Lessons learnt from Internship
Internship was not as what i expected, but through the 3 months journey with the agency, I've learnt many things that could not be learnt from the textbooks.
I've learnt to be more responsible for any task i'm assigned to do and that time management is very important.
This is because I will be holding a bigger responsibility in the working world and not only my reputation will be hurt if things do not turn out well, or rather the company's name is at stake. It is no longer about myself but i also have to help think on behalf of the company.
Other than having some self improvements, I've also learnt that different agency works differently and in different style. As such, press release is normally of a standard format, but briefing document and client's report may differ when it comes to different agency or client. I was assigned to do various reports for clients and different clients have different format of report to be done.
The agency have to cater to every single client needs as much as possible.
Through this internship, I've learnt that the working world can be very different from the things we learnt from the textbook. But i'm glad to have gone through my internship, so that i have a hang of how things are done in order to prepare me for the real working world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment