Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WAFA14 EVENT // Becoming a go to girl!

Hello Again, 

I am going to recap on the WAFA14 event that has passed awhile back and also I have some SAD NEWS!

So, looks like Chelsey was in desperate need of a hand in the lead up to the event, given she had no PR or Marketing Coordinator to take the pressure of her hands. This was good for me though as I became her go to  in the office and all those nitty gritty jobs were passed onto me and I had a chance to impress her. The WAFA's is an annual WA designer and model award ceremony which pay tribute to the local creatives who are succeeding in the industry and it has grown bigger and better over the years. My duties prior to the WAFA's were along the lines of professional letter writing, emails, social media, promotions and ticketing. I was even asked to write two letters of recommendation for staff that had left at one point. 

During the WAFA's I was appointed the marketing assistant, which meant the media desk was on my shoulders and if for some reason anything were to happen I would have to report to Chels. Thankfully it all went well, and it occurred to me that media are perhaps used to the process of such events and some how guided me through any challenges I may have had. As expected the VIP's were pushy, designers were styled to perfection and all the who's who of Perth were sure to make a grandeur appearance on the red carpet. All this was captured in what I thought was a perfect location, the State Theatre and the reveal of the after party marked a spectacular end to the night. 


-THE SAD NEWS- 

CHELS IS LEAVING!!!!!  She became a very close friend over the course of my internship, and it was so hard to hear she was leaving to work at IMG all the way in Sydney. Chel's in brilliant at what she does and I admire her drive, and for that I am happy to see her succeeded and do wonders for the industry so I wish her all the best.

Speak soon!

Cheb x


Ps: Here are some photos :) 
Fashion Moment at the WAFA,  2014
Michelle and I representing TPFF! 
Grand reveal of the after party on the stage, 2014 





2 comments:

Joseph Madeley said...

Hi Cheb

The photos of the WAFA ball look amazing! I hope you had a great time.

I recently organised the Pink Ribbon Ball and understand how stressful it can be when the smallest things pop up last minute that you forgot to address earlier.

Did you get a part-time job as a marketing assistant out of this internship?

Best of luck for your report!
Joseph

chebi said...

HI Joseph!

Yes, I am sure we can all relate that events are very intense. And somehow when your organising it you are usually the only one to notice the mistakes.

It was a temporary role - soon after the PR and Marketing contractors were due to commence..

Regards,
Cheb